Visual Studio 2011 – Confirmed Features In The Upcoming Iteration
Visual Studio 2011 is the next iteration to Microsoft‘s esteemed development platform. It provides a range of tools to help the users develop almost any type of applications ranging from offline applications to server applications requiring online connectivity. Visual Studio has always been the leader when it comes to application development, and the upcoming version proposes to improve it even further. So without further ado, lets look at some of the features the newest version stands to offer.
- Metro Application Development Support
- Game design enhancements
- Code enhancement and Re-usability tools
Visual Studio has always sought to improve the quality of code by refactoring it. This is taken a step further in Visual Studio 2011. Now, instead of being purely developer dependent, Visual Studio will scan the logic of the code developed by you and try and factor the code into methods which can be user later in the program. And this is done not just by scanning through identical blocks of code; Visual Studio searches for semantically similar blocks based on heuristics developed by Microsoft Research.
- Reviewing Code
- Exploratory Testing
- Other Features you’ll see in the 2011 version
In addition to the aforementioned features, Visual Studio 2011 also has the following benefits over its predecessors,
- Support for development of cloud computing applications.
- Solid integration with HTML 5 and CSS3.
- ASP.Net MVC4.
- It includes a new template for mobile development which makes mobile development easier and more efficient.
- New profile which lets the user choose between building the application and publishing it.
- Visual Studio 2011 now supports web socket protocol which helps in server to client data transfer. It has support for both ASP.net 5 and IIS 8, so that we can easily read and write data into a socket object.
PS: The Beta versions have been out quite since a while and you can get them from Microsoft’s website.