Receiving Emails And Feeds On SMS For Free
There are two services that I am considering, one being only for phone numbers in India and the other one for USA and Canada.
I will start of with the service for phone numbers in India.
For regular feeds, apart from Freeing your feed, all the steps to be followed are the same.
Google SMS Channels (Currently for India only):
I have tested this trick only on Gmail accounts and works as smooth as whiskey. It should work for other Webmail services too. Though the updates are not in real time, it usually takes 5-10 minutes to arrive as SMS.
Generic Gmail feed link – https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom
The feeds for other webmail services can be found with Google search.
- Get started:
- Go to https://freemyfeed.com
- Log into Google SMS channels,
- Enter your mobile number and set the other options as per your preferences,
- Create a new channel,
- Enter the regular details in the form,
- In the ‘Source’ section, select RSS/Atom feed and enter the new feed generated from http://freemyfeed.com
- ‘Allow publishing by’: Only me
- ‘Who can subscribe’: By invitation only
- Click on Create Channel,
- And you’re done.
ZapTXT (USA and Canada only):
Register and enter the necessary details and the new feed generated from http://freemyfeed.com
Follow the easy step by step guide, and you’re done!