The water powered jet pack is ready for sale. It has the performance capability of upto 2 straight hours on a single tank. Sadly, it’s not built to fly around the city, but you can still have fun on and hovering above the water.
Raymond Li, a Canadian inventor has ingeniously came up with a new type of jet pack that runs on water and can be sold commercially and very well used for adventure oriented fun. Jetlev can successfully hover 28ft above the water level speeding upto 22 miles/ 35 km per hour.
Jetlev is actually a combination of a jet pack connected to a speed boat like unit loaded with a 250 horse power motor and a pump that constantly supplies water to the jetpack. The official website for Jetlev has mentioned some pointers the wannabe users need to be aware of:
- You must be a good swimmer, and should not feel uncomfortable having your face in the water from time to time.
- You should not have a fear of heights.
- You should be in good health and physical condition.
- You should have no history of any heart conditions and flying is not advised for women who are pregnant.
- You must also have good vision and be able to understand the instructor.
- You must be atleast 18 years old.
These limitations seem fair and what you would usually find tagged with almost all kinds of adventure sports. And yes, it’s an expensive machine. The website mentions the water powered propeller being available for 129.000,00 €/ $100,000 exclusively on a waiting list of orders and can be rented on ‘certain’ resorts.